Thursday 10 May 2012

Sophie Holland – Character CV


I came across an interesting article a few days ago about how to find an agent. One of the techniques suggested was to write a CV for your principal character, which I thought was a fabulous idea. I set to work immediately.

Here is what I came up with for my main character Sophie:








Courses and Training 

Providing good Customer Service – Browns Bookstore
Electronic Till Training – Browns Bookstore
Labelling and Archiving – Glasgow University Library
Induction training for Interns – Glasgow University Library
Complaint Handling Proceedures – Holmefirth Library
Handling the Press – Holmefirth Library
Signposting Services – Holmeforth Library

Other

DOB:  01/08/78.
Marital Status/Dependents Married with one child.


Interests:

I enjoy painting and drawing and have taken art classes in my spare time. I enjoy visiting local theatres and cinemas to watch anything from comedy to music to shows.

I am a very keen reader, thoroughly enjoying books in all styles, from Wilkie Collins to Harry Potter to Stephen King. I belong to a local book club, and I am regularly to be found with my nose in a book. I am a keen artist, and hope to one day publish my own children’s books using both words and illustration.

I have worked in a voluntary capacity with local library services and also whilst attending Glasgow University. I believe this experience significantly enriches my CV and also my skill set.



References:

Catherine Goulding                                                                
Head of Library Services                                                       
Glasgow University                                                                                        
Email: c.j.goulding@glasgow-lrc.ac.uk

Katie Andrews
Head of Services                                                       
Holmefirth Library
Email: k.j.andrews@holmefirthcc.gov.uk



It was an excellent way to get to know my character a little better and I was really pleased I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment